Victim’s Rights

As a victim of crime, Minnesota Law provides you with specific rights. For a complete listing of your rights, and available resources, please review the following crime victim’s information brochure:

Please notify our office immediately if you have any questions about your rights, and to advise us if you wish to utilize any of the above referenced rights. Our office works diligently to notify all crime victims of all upcoming court hearings. If you are a victim of a crime in one of our jurisdictions and have not received correspondence from our office, please contact us immediately.

Victims of Domestic Violence

To request to be notified of an inmate’s release or to obtain other custody information, call the Minnesota Victim Information and Notification Everyday Service (VINE) at 1.877. MN4. VINE or 1.877.664. 8463

For Assistance with an Order for Protection, or assistance to find a safe place contact our victim advocacy organizations listed below:

Brooklyn Center – Cornerstone – 952-884-0376
Other Hennepin County Cities – Home free – 763-559-4945 (24 Hr Crisis Line)
Anoka County – Alexandra House – 763-780-2330

If you are in danger or this is an emergency, please dial 911.

Other help is available:

Crime Victims Reparations Board

The Crime Victims Reparations Board (CVRB) is a State Program that provides financial help to victims of violent crime in Minnesota. Their mission is to reduce the economic impact of violent crime on victims and their families by providing direct financial assistance; and to hold criminal offenders accountable for the costs of crime through improved collection of restitution and civil awards. The CVRB can provide immediate assistance to crime victims, whereas Restitution may take months or years to secure and collect. For more information contact the CVRB directly:

Minnesota Crime Victims Reparations Board
445 Minnesota Street, Suite 2300
St. Paul, MN 55101-1515
651-201-7300 or 1-888-622-8799
Fax: 651-296-5787