Victim's Rights

As a victim of crime, Minnesota Law provides you with specific rights. Resources include a complete listing of your rights. Please notify our office immediately if you have questions. If you need immediate financial assistance, the Crime Victims Reparations Board (CVRB) will hold criminal offenders accountable for the costs of crime, whereas a Restitution may take months or years to secure and collect.

Learn More

Domestic Violence

If you are a victim of domestic violence, contact Minnesota Victim Information and Notification Everyday Service to notify you of an inmates release or to obtain custody information. For assistance with Orders for Protection, or to find a safe place, contact our victim advocacy organizations:

Brooklyn Center, Cornerstone
Other Hennepin County Cities, Home Free – 24 Hour Crisis Line
Anoka County, Alexandra House

If you are in danger or this is an emergency, please dial 911.


Restitution is the money the judge orders the offender to pay to the victim to compensate the victim for losses related to the crime. If you would like to make a request for restitution, please complete our Victim Affidavit of Restitution form and notify us as early as possible so it may be included in our plea negotiations.

Please submit your form to our offices as soon as possible, or contact Becky Gaffer.

Learn More

Police Report Request

Requests for police reports must be made in writing, referencing the date of offense, the arresting agency, jurisdiction and defendant’s name. We do our best to process these requests within 5-7 business days of receipt of the written request and payment of $20.00, made payable to Carson, Clelland & Schreder.

To expedite your report request, you may complete the form below, and submit your payment via U.S. mail.

  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY